NAME SUBJECTS FOR POLLAK FOUNDATION PRIZE ESSAY CONTEST

ESSAYS MUST BE MAILED ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 31

Two thousand dollars in prizes will be given this year to American students by the Frances D. Pollak Foundation for Economic Research. One prize of $500 will be awarded the best essay written by an undergraduate in a college or school of college grade. Five hundred dollars will be given to the student in high school or other school of secondary grade, and $1000 to any student, without restriction, submitting the best essay. To be considered in the contest, an essay must be not more than 10,000 words in length, and be on one of the following subjects or a related subject approved in advance by the Foundation:

1. The Part Money Plays in Economic Theories.

2. Causes of Unemployment and Remedies.

3. The Conditions Which Determine How Much the Consumer Gets for His Dollar.

All essays must be mailed on or before December 31, 1921.

The Pollak Foundation resembles the Carnegie and Rockefeller Foundations, but is confined to research and education along economic lines. The following have been appointed by the Foundation to judge the essays: W. B. Donham '99, Dean of the Graduate School of Business Administration: Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics at Yale; and W. C. Mitchell, Director of the National Bureau of Economic Research.

Further information may be obtained from Dr. W. T. Foster '01. Newton 58, Mass.