CLASS ELECTIONS FOR '23 AND '24 ON TUESDAY

Polls to be at '77 Gate and at Memorial Hall--Francis Rouillard '23 Only Nominee by Petition so Far--60 Per cent of Classes Must Vote

As provided in the constitution of the Junior and Sophomore classes, a committee composed of last year's officers has made the following nominations for the annual elections to be held on Tuesday, October 19.

For 1923.--President, W. C. Bennet and J. G. Flint; Vice-President, P. B. Kunhardi and P. E. Wilson; Secretary-Treasurer, Morris Duane and E. S. Webster Jr.; Student Council Member, H. W. Clark, B. S. Cogan, C. K. Cummings Jr., H. R. Davis, A. H. Gordon, C. H. Hawes, A. H. Ladd, M. W. Self. Francis Rouillard of Chicopee Falls has been nominated for the Student Council by petition.

For 1924--President, Walter Amory and J. J. Lee; Vice-President, R. S. Bowers and Percy Jenkins; Secretary-Treasurer, R. P. Bullard and F. T. Baldwin; Student Council Member, Harrison Gardner and Raoul Pantaleoni.

May Still Nominate by Petition

Additional officers may be nominated be petitions signed by at least 35 members of the class in question. Petitions must be delivered, for 1923, to the secretary-treasurer, Sheridan Logan, at Randolph 40 before noon today; for 1924, to the secretary-treasurer, Corliss Lamont at Randolph 50 before noon tomorrow. So far only one petition has been received from either class.

The class constitutions provide that three nominations must be made for each of the chief officers: president, vice-president, and secretary-treasurer. In case enough petitions are not received to make the required three nominees for these offices, the nomination committee will make the necessary additional nominations.

According to the amendment to the constitutions adopted on May 29, 1920, at least sixty percent of the class must vote in order to make the election valid. The elections will be held Tuesday from 8.30 A. M. to 5.30 P. M., when all '23 and '24 men should vote either at the Class of '77 gate (behind Widener Library) or at the polls at Memorial Hall entrance.