HERNDON WILL MEET DUANE IN TITLE PLAY

Former Defeats W. W. Ingraham '25 in Most Stirring Match of Tournament--University Captain Wins From R. N. Bradley '22

One of the most stirring and strenuously fought matches yet played was the feature of the semi-final round of the University Fall Tennis Tournament yesterday on Jarvis Field. Superior steadiness finally brought victory to E. T. Herndon 1G.B. over W. W. Ingraham '24 by the score of 2-6, 5-3, 8-6. The latter carried off the first set in handy fashion, but Herndon broke through and took the second. The third was distinguished by some of the most brilliant tennis the tournament has yet seen. Sweeping into the lead at the first the former interscholastic star had the match at 2-2, when Herndon's play suddenly stiffened. Five times the Freshman player had match point, and lost. In the end the stamina and steadiness of the older player carried him through to a win.

In the other semi-final match Morris Duane '23 defeated R. N. Bradlee '22 rather easily, 6-3, 6-3.

The finals of the singles play will take place Monday afternoon at 3.30 o'clock. Herndon will meet Duane for the University championship.

In the doubles one match remains to be played before the semi-finals. Monday at 2 o'clock P. Cummings '24 and J. D. DuBois '24 will play H. M. Stevens 1G.B. and F. M. Bundy 1G.B. The semi-finals will probably take place on Tuesday and the finals on Thursday.