WORCESTER ACADEMY OPPOSES YEARLINGS IN OPENING CONTEST

SEVERAL FORMER SCHOOL STARS IN 1925 LINE-UP

Coach Campbell's Freshman team will get its first real trial today when it meets Worcester Academy at Worcester. Little is known of the strength of the Worcester outfit, although they have been practicing somewhat longer than the yearling eleven and are reported to have a heavy line. Last year, the Freshmen also opened their season with the Worcester game but were defeated 10-7 in a game marred by many fumbles.

The 1925 team will line up as follows: W. J. Reid, r.e.; E. F. McGillen, r.t.; J. P. Hubbard, r.g.; Arthur Codman, c.; P. H. Theopold, l.g.; H. P. Curtis, l.t.; F. W. LaFarge, l.e.; G. K. Powell, q.b.; G. D. Braden, l.h.b.; J. W. Hammond, r.h.b.; H. P. Doherty, f.b. Of these men practically all have had several years' experience on school teams. Hubbard is a three-year Milton Academy man, while Codman, Theopold and Curtis are St. Mark's veterans, the last named being last year's captain. Powell has five years at Allen Military behind him, while Doherty and Hammond played last season at Roxbury Latin.

Freshmen Developed Fast

In the two weeks of practice, the Freshmen have made extremely fast progress. Although still a little ragged on open plays, they have developed a good plunging attack and excellent ability in running the ends. Hammond is a reliable punter and should be a match for anything the schoolboys can offer.

A light practice was in order yesterday. A blackboard talk, punting, forward passing and a dummy scrimmage constituted the chief work of the afternoon. Special emphasis was laid on the fine points of the various plays while the coaches also sought to increase the speed and perfect the coordination between the various parts of the team.