GUILD AND DELL WIN DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP

Forced to Limit to Take Fifth Set in Finals Match From Duane and Ingraham -- Results of Inter-Class Tennis Matches Given

Not until the last set was the finals match of the doubles in the University Fall Tennis Tournament decided yesterday, H. R. Guild 3L. and Burnham Dell 2G. were matched against Morris Duane '23 and W. W. Ingraham '25, and up to and half way through the final set the match was either side's. The turning point came when the score stood 3-3 with the game at 15-40 on Dell's serve. Throughout the match Dell played the best tennis of the four men, and in this crisis he surpassed his previous efforts by serving three aces in succession and winning the game. The next two games came easily and with them the match. The final score stood in favor of Guild and Dell, 6-2, 3-6, 6-1, 2-6, 6-3.

The results of the matches in Inter-Class Tennis are as follows: G. C. Guild '23 defeated J. D. DuBois '24; A. Wright '22 defeated Ira Morris '25; J. D. Farnham '23 defeated C. W. Farnham '24; L. R. Frost '23 defeated Parke Cummings '24; E. K. Davis '24 defeated J. M. Cabot '23; Louis Rouillion '23 defeated Maxwell Fish '23; F. I. Carpenter '24 defeated W. Palmer '23; Carroll Harrington '24 defeated A. Barker '23; A. Wright '22 defeated Carroll Harrington '24.