MR HOMER CUMMINGS TO GIVE ADDRESS TONIGHT

Former Chairman of Democratic National Committee to Speak in Living Room--Open to Members of Union--Professor W. E. Hocking '01 to Preside

At 8 o'clock this evening in the Living Room of the Union, Mr. Homer Cummings, former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will give an address under the auspices of the Woodrow Wilson Club of the University. His subject will be "Popular Reactions in the Struggle for Peace". Professor W. E. Hocking '01, Alford Professor of Natural Religion, Moral Philosophy, and Civil Polity at the University, will preside and introduce the speaker. The meeting will be open to all members of the Woodrow Wilson Club, and of the Union.

Mr. Cummings has had a long and varied political experience, and until the last year was actively identified with the Democratic Party. Graduating from Yale with the class of 1891, and receiving his LL.B. in 1893, he started his public career in his home city, Stamford Connecticut, becoming mayor for two terms, 1900 to 1902, and again from 1904 to 1906. He was Corporation Counsel of Stamford from 1908 to 1912, and was Democratic candidate for congressman-at-large from Connecticut in 1902, while in the campaign of 1916 he ran for the senatorship of his home state. Serving on the Democratic National Committee from 1900 to 1920, Mr. Cummings held the chairman ship of that body from 1913 to 1919.

To Consider International Peace

Mr. Cummings' speech this evening will deal with the popular demand for international peace during the last twenty years and the public sentiment brought forth by such attempts as the League of Nations and the Disarmament Conference now in progress in Washington.

Before the meeting a dinner will be given in Mr. Cummings' honor by the Wilson Club in the Trophy Room of the Union at 7 o'clock. Among those who will attend will be Professor Hocking. Professor R. H. Lord '06, of the History Department, Professor L. J. Johnson '87, of the Department of Civil Engineering, and Mr. J. F. Moors '83, Massachusetts State Chairman of the Woodrow Wilson Foundation.