DR. MANN SPEAKS TO FRESHMEN ON REQUESTS FOR MINISTRY

"Ministry Is Just Like Any Other Profession"--No tremendous Emotional Experience Necessary.

"There are just two requisites for a man intending to enter the ministry", declared the Reverend Alexander Mann, D.D., Rector of Trinity Church, Boston, to the Freshman meeting in Smith Halls Common Room last night. "To most people the profession of the ministry lies in a category by itself, only to be entered after some tremendous emotional experience. This is the wrong attitude. The ministry is like any other profession and he who enters it should do so because he likes it or is well fitted for it. If you are willing to lead a pure, honest, kindly life, and if you are genuinely interested in people and human nature, you should seriously consider the ministry before deciding on your life's work, for you have the requisites of a successful minister.

"A minister has got to be an all round human being for he, of all people in the community, touches most often the current of human affairs. Although the ministry is not well paid and wealth in that profession may be regarded more as a disgrace than a blessing, there is a great and mightly compensation in the constantly growing respect and confidence with which the community rewards their faithful pastor.

"Thoughtful and prominent men of both England and the United States are coming to believe that Christianity is the most powerful as well as the most beautiful force that influences men's minds.