200 FRESHMEN AT MASS MEETING TO CHEER 1925 TEAM

Princeton Yearlings Arrive Tonight--Will Hold Signal Drill in Stadium Tomorrow Morning

More than two hundred Freshmen at a mass meeting last night in Smith Halls Common Room gave an enthusiastic expression of encouragement to their team in preparation for the game with the Princeton Freshmen on Saturday.

Captain H. P. Theopold of the football team spoke first urging that all Freshmen come to Soldiers Field tomorrow to join in the demonstration backing the team. He was followed by Mr. T. J. Campbell '12, coach of the Freshman team, who said that though the team had been handicapped by injuries, they had the spirit to carry them through to victory. Harvard was famed for its lucky teams, he said, but this luck was nothing more than the fighting spirit which has so often enabled Harvard to snatch victory from defeat.

Mr. W. F. Garcelon '95, who spoke last, said, that the spirit of the football team is the spirit of the class, therefore he emphasized the importance of backing the team at the demonstration tomorrow.

The meeting was closed by the singing of "Soldiers Field" and "Gridiron King" and by cheers for every members of the team.

Practice in Stadium Yesterday

The Crimson first-year men had their first workout in the Stadium yesterday. This was important for the backs who are no accustomed to the tricky air currents which eddy in the bowl. Coach Campbell took no chances with last minute injuries to his charges. Yesterday nothing more than a dummy scrimmage was attempted, although a long signal drill was in order. The chief work of the afternoon was in perfecting the defense against Princeton plays which were demonstrated by the "All-Stars", a team organized last week out of the dormitory teams, to aid the Yearlings as the Black Jerseys help Coach Fisher's men.

The squad of twenty-eight Princeton freshman players leave for Cambridge this morning. They will arrive about five tonight and will go directly to the Hotel Lenox. Tomorrow morning they will drive out to the Stadium and hold a short signal drill.

Since the contest with the Eli Cubs last Saturday; several changes have appeared in the Princeton line-up. Out last week because of injuries, quarterback Wingate will again be in action and should provide many thrills with his excellent passing and end running. Due to the return of Wingate, Captain Barry will go back to his old berth at halfback.

The Orange and Black will probably line up as follows: l.e., Jackson; l.t., Hull; l.g., Bowers; c., McMillan; r.g., Hennington; r.t., McKernan; r.e., Tillson; q.b., Wingate; l.h.b., Captain Barry; r.h.b., Ritchie; f.b., Stout.