ADOPT PLAN OF SIX-MAN HOCKEY

University Will Not Become Member of Intercollegiate Hockey Association Until Athletic Committee Approves

Six-man hockey is to be adopted as the style of play for intercollegiate games, according to the announcement made yesterday by representatives of seven eastern colleges who met in New York Sunday to form the Intercollegiate Hockey Association. The University was represented and agreed to the six-man ruling. The decision as to whether the University will become a member of the Association rests, however, with the Athletic Committee, which will probably meet this week. There will be another meeting of the representatives of Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Pennsylvania, Princeton, the University, and Yale in New York next Sunday afternoon. Each college will be allowed an unlimited number of representatives, although each delegation will have only one vote.

Will Not Make Schedules

Another important decision rendered was that the Intercollegiate Association should not be a schedule-making body, the purpose of the organization being primarily that of formulating rules governing the play of members. This leaves the arranging of schedules entirely with the individual colleges, so that there will be no definite intercollegiate championship. This was in accordance with the proposals of the University, Yale and Princeton.

It was also virtually decided that official games should consist of three 15-minute periods. The rulings as to substitutions, and resubstitutions, however, were left open, to be decided at later meetings.

Acting officers of the Association elected were Herbert Emanuelson, manager of the Yale hockey team, president, and W. J. Macintosh, Pennsylvania manager, secretary.