WAR IN FUTURE WOULD MEAN WORLD DISASTER

Lieutenant-Colonel Raymond Robbins Points Out Need of Disarmament at Liberal Club Luncheon--Mr. H. S. Ross to Speak Tomorrow

Lieutenant-Colonel Raymond Robbins, of the American Red Cross Commission in Russia, speaking on "Disarmament" at a luncheon given by the Students' Liberal Club yesterday, brought home to his audience a vivid realization of the appalling disaster which would come upon civilization if there should be another war. He described Lewiside, a new gas, invented by Professor Lewis of Northwestern University. Lewiside, differing from the gases which were used in the past war, is heavier than air. It also differs from them in that it is colorless and odorless, giving no warning of its presence. It kills by contact and will make sterile any ground with which it comes in contact.

"There will be no aces in the next war", said Lieutenant-Colonel Robbins, "for there will be no aviators. There will be huge fleets of airplanes, controlled by wireless, which, by the same control will drop tons of bombs".

Lieutenant-Colonel Robbins said in conclusion that war should be made a crime under international law, as murder is under common law.

Tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock in the library of the club Mr. Howard S. Ross of Montreal will speak on "A Suggested New Social Order."