UNIVERSITY WINTER TRACK PRACTICE TO START AFTER RECESS

I. C. A. A. A. MEET IN NEW YORK WILL CLOSE SEASON

Winter track practice will start on January 3, the first day after the Christmas recess, and will continue until March 11, when the season will close with the indoor meet of the Intercollegiate Amateur Athletic Association of America in New York. At the B. A. A. meet on February 4, the University will enter men in several events, and later in the month will hold the annual triangular meet with Cornell and Dartmouth at Mechanics Hall in Boston.

The 1925 team will enter a relay team and sprinters in both the B. A. A. and triangular meets, and will probably have meets with Worcester Academy and Huntington School.

Two new board tracks are now in the process of construction next to the Locker Building on Soldiers Field. The track for the sprinters will provide for a longer straightaway for dashes. As soon as the tracks are finished, members of the squad will be allowed to run on them at optional times until the Christmas recess.

In the field events, practice is now being held daily in the cage at Soliders Field under the direction of Coach E. L. Farrell. Mr. Jakko Mikkola, former coach of the Finnish Olympic team, is instructing men in the discus and javelin events. In order to stimulate interest in the shot-put, Coach Farrell has offered a gold medal to be awarded to the man who shows the most improvement in the shot-put between now and February 25.