DR. FOSDICK TO SPEAK ON MINISTRY TONIGHT

Will Discuss Practical Aspects of "The Ministry as a Vocation" at 7.45 o'Clock in the Parlor of Phillips Brooks House

This evening at 7.45 o'clock in the Parlor of Phillips Brooks House, the Reverend Harry Emerson Fosdick, D.D., Professor of Homiletics at the Union Theological Seminary of New York and minister of the First Presbyterian Church of that city, will speak on "The Ministry as a Vocation." Since the primary purpose of this meeting is to give information about the ministry and especially to arouse interest in the profession among undergraduates who have not yet decided what their life work will be, Dr. Fosdick's talk will be extremely practical. During the course of his address he will take up such problems as the preparation required for the ministry, the salaries which may be expected, the day's work of a minister and the various problems and opportunities arising in the course of a minister's work.

After the address, which will last approximately an hour and a half, there will be half an hour of questions when Dr. Fosdick will explain any points that may come up. To this meeting all members of the University are cordially invited.

Before the address, the Phillips Brooks House Association will give a dinner in honor of Dr. Fosdick at 6.30 o'clock in the Quiet Room of the Union. Mr. George Wigglesworth '74, a member of the Graduate Advisory Committee of the Brooks House Association, will preside, and undergraduate members of the various Brooks House Committees will be present.