DANTE SOCIETY OFFERS PRIZE OF $100 FOR ESSAY DUE MAY 1

All Persons in University with Exception of Graduate Students of More than Three Years' Standing May Compete

Persons studying in any part of the University, with the exception of graduate students of more than three years' standing, are eligible to compete for a prize of $100 offered by the Dante Society for the best essay on a subject drawn from the life or works of Dante. Essays in this competition are due on May 1, 1922.

Regulations have been announced as follows: "The title page of each manuscript must bear an assumed name, with a statement of the writer's academic standing, and must be accompanied by a sealed letter, containing his true name and superscribed with his assumed name. Every essay must be neatly and legibly written or typewritten. Essayists are at liberty to write on any one of the subjects which have been proposed in the years during which this prize has been offered, or to propose new subjects for the approval of the Council of the Dante Society."

The judges of the essays are a committee of the Dante Society. If the judges decide that no essay submitted to them deserves the full prize, they are at liberty to withhold the prize, or to award one or two $50 prizes, at their discretion. All inquiries are to be addressed to the Secretary of the Society, Professor G. B. Weston '97.