LONG SCRIMMAGE FOR BASKETBALL TEAM IN PREPARATION FOR GAME

WRESTLING BOUTS TO BE STAGED AFTER GAME

Coach Wachter sent his men through a long scrimmage yesterday afternoon to smooth out some of the faults shown in the contest with Northeastern Tuesday evening and to give the players a good workout before the game with Middlebury tomorrow night.

Due to injured ankles received in the last contest, Pallo and Black did not report for practice yesterday, their place being taken at the forward and guard positions by Stevens and Eagan respectively. Of these men Black will undoubtedly be back in shape for tomorrow's contest but there is some doubt as to whether Pallo will again be able to scrimmage until next week. If he is unable to play, his loss will be felt greatly by the quintet because with McLeish and Gordon out, he is the one remaining first string player who can score consistently from the goal-line.

For the past two days Captain McLeish has been at the workouts practising foul shooting but as yet his ankle is not strong enough to allow him to scrimmage. He will, however, certainly be in shape for the first contest in January.

Wrestling Bouts After Game

At tomorrow's contest an innovation for this year will be introduced by having wrestling matches after the game is over. Two five-man teams will be picked from the men now out for wrestling, one from the Freshman and Sophomore classes meeting a similar aggregation chosen from Juniors and Seniors.

Wrestling Coach Jedlinski has not yet decided what men he will start in these bouts, but a definite announcement of team will be made after today's workout has given him another chance to look over his material.

Following out his policy of getting in prominent outside wrestlers to help in the development of the matmen, Coach Jedlinski had Nick Karavas, former light-weight champion of New England, at Hemenway Friday afternoon to work out with the men and demonstrate several special holds. At yesterday's session Arthur Davis, present light heavyweight champion of New England, was on hand to show some different grips he had used with great effect in recent bouts. Although further wrestlers will probably not be out this week, at least, one prominent professional will help in the coaching before the beginning of the vacation Thursday.