CRIMSON FIVE TO FACE MIDDLEBURY

Stevens or Greenberg May Start at Forward if Ankle Injury Keeps Pallo From Entering Game

In their last game before the Christmas vacation, Coach Wachter's quintet will face Middlebury College in the Hemenway Gymnasium this evening at 8 o'clock.

Due to Pallo's condition there is some doubt as to just what will be the precise line-up of the University five. At yesterday's session, Pallo was unable to join in the workout, but by resting his ankle this afternoon it is hoped that he will be in shape to answer the opening whistle tonight. If, however, he cannot start, Coach Wachter will use either Stevens or Greenberg at the forward berth, depending on Lowenthal to do the shooting from the foul-line.

Strong opposition is expected from Middlebury five, which the Crimson overwhelmed 35-25 last winter but which returns tonight with every one of last year's players, while the University will probably not start a single veteran. Wednesday evening Dartmouth opened its season by defeating the Vermont team 41-15 but this does not indicate weakness in the latter five since the Green team is rated very strong this year.