FENCERS TO MEET NAVAL OFFICERS

Crimson Follmen Have Match With Former Annapolis Students

The University fencing team will meet a team of former Annapolis fencers, now stationed at the Boston Navy Yard, in an informal preseason match at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon in the fencing room at Hemenway. The following University men will start in the foils: Captain Burke Boyce '22, W. R. Brewster '22, and E. L. Lane '24, with J. K. Watson '23 and E. H. Lane '24 as substitutes. In the duelling swords, J. S. Barss '22 and F. W. Saunders '24 will start. The University has no sabre team, but S. H. Ordday Jr. 1L., the captain of last year's team, and W. H. Russel of the Olympic team will oppose the Navy men in this event. A sabre team from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has been invited, but it is not certain that this team will be present.

In the round robin tournament just finished, Captain Boyce stood first, winning all his bouts. Brewster was second, losing only to Boyce. Third and fourth places were taken by E. L. Lane and E. H. Lane. Unless some candidate makes unusual progress before the opening meets in January, these four men are expected to compose the University fencing team for 1922.