LONG DRILL FEATURES WORKOUT OF QUINTET

Coach Wachter Works on Faults Shown in Contest with Middlebury Friday Evening-Captain McLeish Returns to Position at Right Forward

In spite of the fact that there will be no further games until after the Christmas recess, Coach Watcher sent his squad through two long 20-minute scrimmages yesterday afternoon in the Hemenway Gymnsium. Throughout the drill, in which nearly every member of the squad had a chance to play, special emphasis was laid upon the faults shown by the quintet in the contest with Middlebury Friday evening. Captain Mcleish, who sprained his ankle the day before the Bates game on December 9 and who has been unable to play since that time, returned to his position at right forward yesterday, remaining in the line-up during both periods.

In Worcester Tech which the University will meet on January 7, the first game after the vacation, the quintet will meet some of the stiffest opposition that It is likely to face this winter. Last year Worcester was declared the championship team of New Engkand, while three of the quintet were given places on mythical "All New England" fives. This fall practically every man on the squad returned, and already the team has shown that it is again a strong contender for the first rank honors.