MERRY CHRISTMAS

"Lampy . . . hereby issues a sincere desire that all may have a merry Christmas, yea, including Deans, creditors and CRIMSON editors." Lampoon editorial, December 16.

The Lampoon, in a burst of magnanimity has extended its Christmas greetings even to CRIMSON editors. This manifestation of Yuletide good feeling is indeed touching; it has even tempted us to rhapsodize after the manner of our more light footed editorial contemporary--on the emotions which arise in us upon reading this simple and unaffected expression of kindness. It is a pleasant world, after all, we exclaim. What are the little grievances which weigh upon us at times; the trifling annoyances of life which would seem to be the workings of a divine, but not to us benevolent Providence--what are they compared to the sweet joy of fellowship, the kindly acts of friends?

But, alas, it is not for CRIMSON editorial writers to indulge in such thoughts as these. Unfeeling, dull, prosaic creatures that we are, we must leave it to those airy children of light-winged fancy who live around the corner to disport themselves upon the breath of words; and to play the role of merry-hearted Puck. Readily will we wish Lampoon editors (nor will we, in a spirit of mean reprisal, add "and Mayor-elect Curley") a very merry Christmas and a New Year in which there will be innumerable candidates blest with the divine fire. And if our good wishes seem not to bubble spontaneously from an overflowing heart we beg forbearance. Even the infectious spirit of this jovial season will not permit us to forget that as CRIMSON editors we must, like "deans and creditors", be ever mindful of our dignity.