YEARLING FIVE WINS 27 TO 18 FROM TUFTS '24

CAPT. GORDON SCORES 13 POINTS

Though handicapped by the smallness of the floor the 1924 quintet overcame the Tufts freshmen by the score of 27 to 18 last night in the Goddard Gymnasium at Medford. The University Freshmen started off the game with a rush that swept the Tufts men off their feet and left them still scoreless when the Freshmen had won 9 points. Tufts took time out to talk things over near the end of the first half and when they came back into the game they made two more baskets, leaving the score at the end of the first half 12 to 6 in favor of the Freshmen.

In the beginning of the second half the Tufts team showed considerable speed and shot several baskets before the 1924 team got into its stride. The Freshmen ended the second half with the fastest playing of the game and gained 15 points to the Tufts' 12 in that period, making the final score 27-18 in favor of 1924. Captain Gordon's ankle was sufficiently recovered so that he was able to play during the entire game and scored 13 points for the Freshmen. The summary:

Score, Harvard 1924, 27, Tufts 1924, 18. Goals from the floor, Gordon 4, Stevens 4, Sipp 3, Mahoney 3, Barrows 2, Etelman 1. Free throws, Gordon 5, Mahoney 6. Substitutions, Wasserman for Stevens. Referee, Sauters. Two twenty-minute periods. HARVARD 1924.  TUFTS 1924. Gordon, r.f.  l.g., Rogers Stevens, l.f.  r.g., Etelman Sipp, c.  c., Galvinsky Black, r.g.  r.f., Mahoney Rudofsky, l.g.  l.f., Barrows