SWIMMING TEAM TO OPPOSE GREEN TODAY AT HANOVER

Ten University Men Entered--Neither Team Successful in Early Season Meets

The University swimming team will meet Dartmouth today in the new Spaulding pool at Hanover. Today is the last day of the Winter Carnival at Dartmouth and the swimming meet is one of many events scheduled. The Yale stickmen will face the Dartmouth hockey team and the University basketball team will oppose the Green quintet.

The University will be represented in the swimming meet by ten men: in the relay, Captain A. H. Brackett Occ., R. D. Gross '23, R. F. Thayer '23, William Wyman '23; in the diving, R. W. Boyden '21, and H. M. Doherty '21; in the 50-yard dash, Brackett and Wyman; in the 100-yard dash, Brackett and Gross; in the 220-yard swim, W. W. Douglass '22 and Brackett; and in the plunge, P. K. Thomas Occ., and E. M. Rubin '22.

Dartmouth has taken part in one meet this season and the University in two. Both have been defeated, the University by Brown and Amherst, and Dartmouth by Springfield Y. M. C. A. College. The Green swimmers lost their meet by the small margin of 3 points, the scores being Dartmouth 25, Springfield 28.

Green Strong In Diving Events

The plunge and the dive are the two events in which Dartmouth is strongest, Bird and Short featuring in the former, and Carver and Weed in the latter. Bird is a remarkable plunger and in his last match missed the 75-foot mark by only 6 inches. In the racing events Dartmouth is not so strong, though Rice has shown up well in the short dashes and Roberts in the longer ones.

Captain Brackett, who is entered in three events is the University's most dependable man, and Doherty is expected to do well in the dive.

The pool at Dartmouth is new and this will be the second meet ever held in it. It is a 75-foot pool costing over $130,000, and was given to Dartmouth by Ex-Governor Spaulding of New Hampshire.