FIFTY BASEBALL ASPIRANTS

FRESHMAN MANAGERS NEEDED

Fifty-one men answered the call for University baseball candidates at the meeting last evening in the Varsity Club, eighteen being pitchers, sixteen outfielders, thirteen infielders and six catchers.

In a short talk, Captain R. W. Emmons ocC. emphasized the necessity of combining all their efforts to send Yale to defeat as last year's nine did, and urged that no one be discouraged by poor weather conditions, again mentioning the 1920 team and recalling the early season difficulties which the cooperation of the players overcame.

Coach Jack Slattery laid stress on the importance of training, saying, "ability is first, but the man who has that without training is useless." He promised that every candidates would be given a fair try, and that his ability would not be overlooked.

The battery candidates are to report each afternoon from now on at 2 o'clock in the cage. Until the infielders and outfielders are called for cage practice, they must report at a definite hour, to be announced later, at Hemenway Gymnasium on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons for conditioning exercises.

Any Freshmen who wish to enter the baseball manager competition under no handicap should report at the H. A. A. this morning at 8.45. The manager desires more men.