CRIPPLED UNIVERSITY FIVE MEETS BATES AT 8

DANCING AFTER THE GAME

With only two regulars in the line-up, the University quintet will face a hard proposition tonight when it takes the floor against the Bates five at eight o'clock in the Hemenway Gymnasium. Fitts, who is acting captain, has been shifted to center and McLeish is taking his place in the forward line. Captain Tolbert's loss will of course be keenly felt in the defensive power of the team, but Miller is making great strides, and with Chase should be able to stop the Bates' attack tonight.

Coach Wachter gave the five a hard workout yesterday afternoon and the new machine seemed to run smoothly. G. T. Barker '23 will probably get into the game at guard and E. W. Love '22, who has become eligible since mid-years, will be sent in at either center or guard.

The Maine team is a strong outfit with a powerful scoring combination. Spratt, the visitors' veteran center, is very fast and an accurate shot. The Bates outfit recently defeated the Portland A. C. in a nip and tuck game and lost its contest with New Hampshire State by a slim margin.

Dancing will be held in the gymnasium after the game tonight and will last until 11 o'clock. A four piece orchestra will supply the music.