M. I. T. AND UNIVERSITY STAGE GAME TONIGHT

1924 MEETS NEWTON HIGH

The University hockey team, much battered from its hard set-to with St. Patrick's Monday night, faces off against M. I. T. this evening at 8.15 in the Arena. The Tech team has shown a lot of improvement lately and may be expected to give the University players, who still feel the effects of the fiercely contested game with the men from across the border, a tussle before they are willing to concede defeat. The engineers have broken even in their series with Boston College thus far, winning the second game recently in an overtime period, and have been practicing daily in the Arena, including a number of scrimmages with the University yearlings. In Dan and Neil MacNeil, Tech has two brothers who have been doing a good deal of the team's scoring this season, while Captain Du Vernet at coverpoint is a rock on defense. In Wilbur and Grant the engineers have two good men who are ready to step in as forward line substitutes should they be needed.

Coach Claflin has picked Buntin to start at left center in place of Snelling, but Emmons is definitely out of the game and will be replaced by Baker; the rest of the team will line up as it did against the Canadians. There was no practice yesterday, the men taking a very necessary rest between the struggle with the Ottawa team and the engineers.