A Canadian Viewpoint

No one in the British Empire can afford to provide material for the dastardly campaign of the Hearst organs or forget that the soldiers of the United States, of Great Britain and of Canada were comrades in arms in the Armageddon of the ages. If they could die together, surely we can live together in amity, in mutual respect, in common endeavor to make the world safer and happier for the generations of the future. "Wild tongues which have not Thee in awe" are the devil's advocates for the "lesser breeds without the law." In the British nations there is neither lust for conquest nor sense of dependence upon other peoples. But there is an immense concern for the world's peace and a deep consciousness of the power of the United States to restrain the dangerous ambitions of nations which still have the taste of blood. The Hearsts and their kind who represent Great Britain as a centre of imperialistic intrigue and commercial plotting have no higher object than to make mischief between kindred peoples and financial profit out of a shameful traffic in racial and national prejudices and antipathies. They will reap at best a poor harvest if Canada, Great Britain and the other British nations never forget that he that is slow to anger is better than the mighty. The Montreal Star