MORE BASEBALL MEN OUT

CONDITIONING FOR FIELDERS

Among the new baseball candidates reporting to Coach Slattery yesterday afternoon were F. L. A. Cady '21, a reliable moundsman on the 1921 Freshman nine, R. P. Miller '22, who has had baseball experience in Pennsylvania and Canada, and W. G. Brocker '22. Jack Slattery now has a squad of twenty pitchers from which to develop his University moundsmen. E. F. Goode '22, alone of them, has recognized college ability. On his Freshman team he was the only reliable pitcher, and through his steadiness brought the team several victories. On last year's University nine he bore with W. B. Felton '20 the brunt of the work in the box in a long schedule, winning his letter in the second game of the Yale series. Goode makes up in sagacity and curves what he lacks in speed.

Prospects for finding a pitcher of Felton's quality do not appear too bright at present, although the development of pitchers always has been the forte of Jack Slattery, whether in College or professional baseball. He has faced situations like the present before and is not dismayed. In his opinion two good pitchers are sufficient to carry a well-balanced college baseball nine through a season, as illustrated last year.

Fielding candidates report his afternoon at 4 o'clock for the second session in the conditioning series, under J. F. Surbeck, at Hemenway Gymnasium.