BASKETBALL TEAM ON FLOOR AGAINST M. I. T.

TECH HAS STRENGTH IN DEFENSE

The University quintet is favored to win its clash with the M. I. T. five at the Walker Memorial Gymnasium this evening at eight o'clock. This season is the initial one for both of the Cambridge universities in this sport and both teams have been very successful so far. Tech will present its strongest line-up, while Coach Wachter's team is still weakened by the absence of Captain Tolbert, who will probably not be ready to play until the Dartmouth contest.

In spite of their recent poor showing against Worcester, the Crimson players are working well together and should force the Tech five to the limit tonight. Pallo and Fitts will as usual start in the forward positions against the Engineers. This pair has proved to be Coach Wachter's strongest offensive unit, as both men are fast, accurate and aggressive. Fitts does well on long shots and is a very hard man to follow when he has the ball, while Pallo plays a clever passing game and is an exceptional shot from the foul line. Tyson at center has improved greatly under Coach Wachter's tutelage and is close behind Fitts in the number of baskets scored so far this season. Feiring will hold down one side of the backfield with either Chase or Miller in Tolbert's place.

Blood and Hubbard, the M. I. T. defense men, are both steady performers and the Crimson forwards will find trouble in breaking through. Bretting at center and Tyson and Boyer in the forward positions form a strong offensive power for the Tech men. UNIVERSITY.  M. I. T. Fitts, r.f.  l.g., Hubbard Pallo, l.f.  r.g., Blood Tyson, c.  c., Bretting Feiring, r.g.  l.f., Tonon Chase, Miller, l.g.  r.f., Boyer