AMERICAN LEGION GAMES TO BE HELD TOMORROW

PLAN LONG PROGRAM OF RACES

With more than 350 men entered, including Olympic champions, college, school and club stars, the second annual athletic carnival of the American Legion, which is to be held in the East Armory, Boston, tomorrow afternoon, promises to be one of the best track meets of the year. The brightest points in the long program of races are the two special invitation events, the "Boston Mile" and the "Gaston 600." With Ray, Cutbill, Connolly and Devaney all entered in the mile, it is likely that there will be some fast running. Devaney will defend the cup he won last year, but Cutbill and Connolly, both of whom defeated Devaney in the B. A. A. games, have a good chance of gaining the trophy. Ray, who since his defeat by Cutbill earlier in the season has spent all his time in preparing for revenge, will give Cutbill a good race, and the outcome is in doubt. The entries in the 600 include such runners as Driscoll, Frank Loomis and Dave Caldwell, all of whom hold some championship or record.

Yale Favored For Relay

The University has twenty-six men entered in various events, including the 50-yard handicap dash, the 440-yard dash, the 880-yard run, and the 3-mile run. There are also entries in the 50-yard hundles and the high-jump. Vinton Chapin '23, E. B. Jourdain '21 and C. H. Wansker '23 are the Crimson's best entries in the dash. C. E. Dexter '22, T. D. Cairns '23, John Shepley '21 and J. E. Nally '21 are the University runners most likely to show in the 880. H. M. Mahon '22 and C. E. Reycroft '21 are to run the 3-mile distance, and will bear watching.

One of the best relay races of the afternoon will be the two-mile grind between Yale and M. I. T. According to comparative records Yale ought to win easily, as she has one of the best two-mile teams in the country, but M. I. T., strengthened by the return of Garvin Bawden, can be relied upon to push the Blue quartet, and there is the possibility of a record.