SPRINGFIELD FIVE WINS BY ONE BASKET MARGIN

Crimson Team Comes Back After Trinity Reversal and Plays Brilliant Game. McLeish and Chase Show up Well for University Quintet

Showing a complete reversal of form from the Trinity game, the University basketball quintet forced the fast Spring field College five to the limit to win on Saturday night at Springfield. The Red and White team had a lead of only one basket when the whistle blew, the final tally being 25-23.

McLeish and Chase, playing left forward and left guard respectively, played an exceptionally fine brand of ball for the Crimson, while Allen at left guard was the star of the Springfield offense.

The home team took the lead at the start, but Coach Wachter's men began to force the play, Tyson caging three shots and McLeish two in the first period.

The Crimson had the lead once in the second half but the Springfield players went to the front again and could not be overtaken.

The summary: HARVARD.  SPRINGFIELD. Fitts, r.f.  l.g., Allen, Civiletto McLeish, Hartley, l.f.  r.g., Walters Tyson, c.  c., Lash Miller, Feiring, r.g. l.f.,  O'Donnell, Guyer Chase, l.g.  r.f., Bennett

Score, Springfield 25, University 23. Goals from floor, McLeish 6, Tyson 3, Bennett 2, O'Donnell 2, Walters, Allen 5, Civiletto. Goals from fouls, Chase 5, O'Donnell 3. Referee, Aspinwall.