UNIVERSITY SCRIMMAGES M. I. T.

Crimson Septet Wins by Score of 2-1--Buntin Returns to Left Center

Practice scrimmaging with the M. I. T. seven was the chief feature of drill for the University hockey squad yesterday afternoon in the Arena. The Crimson outfit managed to slip two tallies by Nickies, the big Tech goal-tender, in a half-hour session, while but one score was made against the University.

Snelling and Captain Bigelow both figured in the scoring before the substitute line was given a chance. Coach Claflin's forward line is materially strengthened by the return of Buntin at left center. The former Newton player will be able to take part in the game against Yale at the Philadelphia ice palace without doubt.

Perfection in team play is the keynote of the final days of practice before the squad leaves for the game against the Elis. Alfred Winsor '02, former University coach, is spending part of every afternoon in bringing out the weak points of the Crimson seven and adding finishing touches in preparation for the letter struggle.