FORM FRESHMAN GLEE CLUB

Candidates to Report This Evening at 7 to M. A. Shattuck 3L, in Smith Halls Common Room

Announcement was made yesterday that plans for the singing in the Freshman Jubilee had been made and that actual work would begin this week.

The Jubilee will be held in May this year, the exact date to be decided after the appointment of a Jubilee Committee. As in former years the singing will form an important part of the program. The three Freshman Halls will compete for the silver loving cup which is awarded to the hall with the best chorus, each dormitory offering a program of three selections.

In preparation for this work, men who wish to try out for the Freshman Glee Club will report at 7 o'clock tonight in Smith Halls Common Room. Although the Glee Club forms the backbone of the singing at the Jubilee and is organized for that purpose, several outside concerts are arranged for it during the spring. Stanley Noel Brown '24 of New York City has been appointed provisional leader of the club and will conduct the work until the regular leader is chosen. All men who report for the trials tomorrow, should if possible, learn some short sole and be ready to give it according to M. A. Shattuck 31, who will be in charge of the work of the hall choruses as well as the Glee Club.

Rehearsals for the dormitory choruses will begin in about 10 days and will be held in the respective common rooms.

The plan of writing a class song will be carried out this year and all members of the classs are invited to submit words and music.