CRIMSON RAMBLERS GO AFTER WINNIPEGS AND WIN BY SCORE OF 4-1

GEORGE OWEN IS THE OUTSTANDING STAR FOR RAMBLERS

Canadian hockey dropped another peg in the eyes of Boston fans last night when the Winnipegs of Manitoba lost to the Crimson Ramblers 4 to 1. For an amateur league team the visitors appeared weak in all-round play inferior in stick-work, skating and shooting to the Ramblers; and they lacked any vestage of team-work.

On the other hand, the Ramblers, although taking up most of the first period in developing, showed a pleasing exhibition of team-work and profitable individual flashes. Standing high above other members of the team usefulness was George Owen. On the defense he calculated his blocking and checking tactics in better fashion than has been seen in a Crimson game this season, and in stick-work, speed, and accomplishments he was better even than the forwards. The Ramblers kept their positions more accurately than their opponents, although Bigelow roved about considerably.

Both sides scored once in the opening period. In the second, team-work resulted in two Crimson scores, and in the final period Snelling sifted through the Canadian defense for the fourth of the Rambler's scores.

The summary follows: CRIMSON RAMBLERS  WINNIPEGS Bigelow, Buker, r.w. l.w.,  Asseltine, Dartnell Snelling, Martin, c.  c., Gibson, Dostert Bacon, Angier, l.w.  r.w., Hughes Owen, c.p.  c.p., O'Connell E. Stillman, p.  p., Manson Holmes, g.  g., Tupper

Score: Ramblers 4, Winnipegs 1. Goals by Bacon, O'Connell, Snelling, Baker, Referee: Synnott. Time: three 15 minute periods.