THOMAS MOTT OSBORNE TO SPEAK AT P. B. H.

To Give Short Talk on "What The Prisoner Thinks" From 7 to 8 Under Auspices of Graduate Schools Society --Prof. James Ford '05 Will Preside

Thomas Mott Osborne '84, the wellknown advocate of prison reform, will speak on "What the Criminal Thinks, in Phillips Brooks House under the auspices of the Graduate Schools Society at 7 o'clock tonight.

Mr. Osborne has for the last fifteen years been interested in a reform of prison conditions, especially in New York State. In 1913 he spent several days in Auburn Prison as a convict in order to study the life of a prisoner. The conclusions which he reached at that time he put into effect shortly afterwards when he became Warden of Sing Sing. His actions, however, brought him into conflict with certain elements in the political parties of the state and resulted in his resignation as head of the prison a few years ago. During the past few years he has, however, retained his connections with prison reform movements.

Mr. Osborne will close his address tonight promptly at 8 o'clock so that his audience may reach the meetings at the Union, scheduled for that-time.

Assistant Professor James Ford '05, of the Department of Social Ethics, will introduce Mr. Osborne. All members of the University are invited to attend.