24 COLLEGES JOIN IN M. I. T. CONFERENCE

New Program for Discussion is Drawn Up By Executive Committee on Intercollegiate Conference For April 15 and 16

Twenty-four colleges and universities have definitely indicated their decision to attend the Intercollegiate Conference at M. I. T. on April 15 and 16, and 110 delegates are already sure to be present according to the latest information received by the Executive Committee of the Conference. Of the remaining colleges invited, none have declined the invitation to attend; delayed action by various Student Councils and tardiness in sending in reports of the final decision, account for the fact that about twenty colleges can not yet be counted as having accepted. The twenty-four colleges include in the first place the five who originated the plan, namely Princeton, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Dartmouth, and M. I. T., and in the second place those universities and colleges of both the east and west, like Yale, Ohio State, and the University, who have accepted the invitation issued by the original five.

A program of subjects for discussion, somewhat changed from the one originally suggested in the early winter, has been grouped under four main heads and will serve as the basis of the work of the conference as follows:

The student Governing Body.

(A) Organization of Student Governing Body.

(1) Authority, (2) Relations with Faculty and Alumni, (3) Methods of Aiding Scholastic Standing, (4) The General Finance System. (5) Relations to Student Social Life.

(a) Proms, 'Smokers, and Dances.

(B) General Undergraduate Problems.

(1) Dormitory Control, (2) Interfraternity Relations, (3) Societies and Clubs.

Athletic Organization.

(A) Control of Athletics by

(1) Students, (2) Alumni, (3) Faculty.

(B) Financial Support.

(C) Methods of Establishing and Maintaining "Esprit de Corps."

(D) Trips. Publications.

(A) The Business and News Problems of the Daily.

(B) The Business and News Problems of the Comic.

(C) The Business and News Problems of the Year Book.

(D) The Business and News Problems of the Monthly.

College Theatricals and Musical Clubs.

(A) Annual Productions.

(B) Trips.

(C) Dramatic Associations.

To these four groups an addition, on technically falling under any one and dealing with collegiate Publicity aside from Publications, has very recently been added. Under this heading will be discussed at the final meeting the regulation of Press Associations and of Student Reporters, and the methods of combatting adverse propaganda in regard to college.