HOLDER IS ELECTED PRESIDENT OF 1924

Lamont and Hill Chosen for Secretary-Treasurer and Student Council Member Respectively by Freshmen

Owing to the small margin of votes between several of the nominees for the various class offices of the Class of 1924, it seems advisable that an opportunity for inspection of the ballots should be given to a representative of each man nominated for a 1924 office. Therefore a duly accredited representative of each nominee may see the undersigned on Thursday, March third, 1921, at Claverly 30, from 2 P. M. until 3 P. M. for such an inspection. Bradley D. Nash,   Chairman Ballot Committee.

As the result of the Freshman elections held yesterday, Daniel Stewart Holder, of New Orleans, La., was chosen President, William Edgar Crosby Jr., of West Newton, was elected Vice President, Corliss Lamont of Englewood, New Jersey, Secretary-Treasurer, and Francis Sherburne Hill, of Brookline, representative for the class on the Student Council.

The voting for President, Vice-President and Secretary-Treasurer was done on the preferential system, each voter signifying his first, second, third and fourth choice, the candidate receiving the lowest number of electoral points being elected, while for the Student Council member only one choice was made, and the man with the highest number of votes won this office. Four hundred and ninety-three votes were cast, one of the largest totals in a class election in recent years.

The tabulated results of the elections were as follows:

President D. S. Holder,  912 R. S. Bowers  936 J. J. Lee,  936 Total,  2784 Twenty-nine ballots cast out,  174 Grand total,  2958 Vice-President W. E. Crosby,  894 Percy Jenkins,  1064 R. P. Bullard,  1154 Harrison Gardner,  1368 Total,  4480 Forty-five ballots cast out,  450 Grand total,  4930

HOLDER 1924 PRESIDENTSecretary-TreasurerCorliss Lamont,  796F. T. Baldwin,  946Brooks Potter,  982Total,  2724Thirty-nine ballots cast out,  234Grand total,  2958Student CouncilF. S. Hill,  109Lewis Gordon,  102Parker Hamilton,  96J. L. Donovan,  93J. McK. Kimball,  32J. J. Phelan,  31H. A. La Farge,  27Total,  490Three ballots cast out,  3Grand total,  49