TRANSFER CREW WORK TO RIVER THIS WEEK

All University Eights and Seven 1924 Boats Will Practise in Open Water Beginning Today--Class Crews, and Freshmen Need More Coxswains

The current week will see crew work definitely transferred from the tank and Weld boathouses to the open water of the Charles River. Coach Haines expects to have all his crews out in the shells, Dr. Howe has given orders for his seven best crews to be given daily work in the boats, and Coach Brown will send his men out whenever possible.

Work this week will be on the whole rather easy, becoming increasingly hard as time progresses until on March 17 and 18 the Freshman crews will hold the first races of the season. On the first day, March 17, three of the autumn crews and the second inexperienced football men crew will race for the honor of being entered in the final contest against the first autumn and experienced and inexperienced football men crews.

Coxswains are badly needed for the University, class, and Freshman eights. No previous experience is necessary and any men up to 130 pounds are qualified.