POSITIONS AS TEACHERS AVAILABLE FOR SENIORS

Appointment Office Able to Place Men Either With Private or Public Schools--More Jobs Than Applicants in 1920--Experience Unecessary

The Appointment Office, 11 University Hall, which recommends men fol positions of an eduationl nature, made the following announcement yesterday:

"In the year 1919-20 we had 262 calls from public schools. In private schools we were ablt to place only 33 men, and in public schools only 25. These figures show that we have more positions than cndidates, and though not all of the 546 positions were open to Seniors without experience, we place 10 of the 23 Seniors registered with this department of the Appointment Office in 1919-20. Most of the remaining 13 entered gradute or professional schools.

"Seniors who have not made their plans for the first year after leaving college, men who have any athletic ability or interests and scholarship enough to warrant them in undertaking to teach others, are urged to consult the Appointment Office. Headmasters of boarding schools are often ready to consider inexperienced teachers. Salaries at these schools range from $1000 to $1200 in the first year, besides all living expenses. Boarding Schools are in need of en who can lead boys, even if these men may be retained for only a year or two. These young teachers are able to save a large part of the salary.

"Any Seniors who are n a position to discuss these opportunities are urged to call at the Appointment Office.