UNIVERSITY TENNIS TEAM IS VICTORIOUS IN FOUR CONTESTS

CAPTAIN DE TURENNE PLAYS WELL IN EVERY CONTEST

The University tennis team had a very successful southern trip, winning four matches, losing one, and tying another, which was called on account of darkness.

The first match against the Previdence Tennis Club was the only one which the team lost. In the singles, William T. Tilden, world's champion, defeated Captain L. A. de Turenne '21, 6-4, 6-4; but in the doubles de Turenne and Fenno defeated J. D. E. Jones, national boy's champion, and Chase, former national doubles champion, by the unusual score of 18-16, 6-0. The final score was Providence 6, University 3.

Overwhelm Richmond

The next match against the Richmond Country Club proved to be the easiest of the trip--the University winning nine to nothing, and losing only one set in all the matches played. The Norfolk Country Club went down to defeat by the score of four to three, and the Navy met a similar fate at Annapolis, losing eight matches and winning only one. The last victory of the team was over the Chevy Chase Country Club, by the score of four to three--Captain de Turenne winning a hard-fought, three-hour match against Moore, champion of the city of Washington.

The match with the Baltimore Country Club was called because of darkness with the score tied. It was found necessary to cancel the match with the Philadelphia Cricket Club because of rain.

Captain de Turenne showed himself to be by far the best player of the University team in every match, but at all times was given capable support by J. B. Fenno '21, Morris Duane '23 and E. W. Feibleman '21.