FLYING MEET ON MAY 13

Intercollegiate Flying Association Hold Annual Contest at Mineola--Government to Supply Planes

To Intercollegiate Flying Association has decided to hold its annual intercollegiate meet on Friday, May 13, at Mineola, L. I. E. H. Kelton 2E.S. represented Harvard at the meeting last week at the Aero Club in New York. The government is to supply planes for the meet and about ten colleges are expected to compete. All contestants must hold reserve pilots commissions, as the War Department authorizes the meet only on the basis of a reserve training event. The filers will be allowed to practice as often as possible before the meet as the second and third events consist of stunting and landing to a mark for accuracy. The first event will be a 12-mile race in two six-mile laps. There will be two heats, and the winners will race one six-mile lap for first place. The last event will be an alert contest, involving speed trials in starting planes and getting them off the ground.

A cup is offered by the Aero Club of America for the college winning the meet, which at present is in the hands of the Yale team. The Intercollegiate Flying Association will also give medals to the winners, and on the Saturday night after the meet a dinner will be given for all entrants at the Yale Club of New York.