PROF. PICCOLI TO LECTURE

Professor From University of Pisa to Talk on Dante; Was Exchange Professor at Oxford

Professor Raffaello Piccoli will lecture this evening at 8 o'clock in Emerson D, on "Dante". The lecture, which will be open to the public, is given under the auspices of the Department of Romance Languages in the University, and of the Dante Society of America.

Professor Piccoli was for several years an exchange professor from the University of Pisa to Oxford University, and for the past year has been lecturing in this country at the universities of Chicago, California, and Illinois. He is the first professor from an Italian university to visit American universities as a lecturer.

The lecture this evening will be preliminary to the celebration, in October, of the six hundredth anniversary of Dante's death, an occasion which will be widely observed in Italy and throughout the world. The second edition of Professor Courtney Langdon's translations of Dante's works has just been published by the University Press, and will be the University Press, and will be the University's contribution to the celebration in Italy.

During his two-day stay in Cambridge the Harvard Italian Club will entertain Professor Piccoli and sometime during his visit he will lecture to the Club in private.