WELFARE COMMITTEE PROVES VALUABLE

New Committee of P. B. H. Has Done Useful Work in Aiding Students in Need, and in Distributing Christmas and Thanksgiving Dinners

The Welfare Committee of Phillips Brooks House was started this fall as an experiment; primarily to aid needy students in the University and also to give help whenever possible in specific cases of want in the neighborhood of the University.

At Thanksgiving, it distributed fifteen dinners to some extremely needy families in Cambridge, and at Christmas twenty more dinners were distributed. These poor people were most appreciative of what was done for them, and wrote many letters of thanks.

After Christmas the Welfare Committee became a regular committee of Phillips Brooks House, and the Cabinet voted money in order to enable it to continue its work. Since that time it has given invaluable, aid to several students, and has done some relief work in Cambridge, thereby fully justifying its existence. Cambridge relief work, however, is only a side issue; the real and primary purpose of the committee of to help students who are actually in very great need of assistance.

The members of the committee are: Richard Chute '22, Chairman; R. W. Gratwick '21, Philip Hofer '21, E. L. Pierson Jr. '21, Melville P. Baker '22, Haven Parker '22, R. P. Parker '22, Vinton Chapin '23, Sheridan Logan '23 and J. R. Reynolds '23.