UNIVERSITY BALL PLAYERS TAKE FIVE INNING GAME 11-0

Heavy Hitting by F. W. Crocker Gives Victory to Coach Slattery's Men Over Scrub Team

A home run, a three-bagger, and a two-base hit by F. W. Crocker '22, and air-tight fielding on the part of the University nine were the features of the 11-0 victory of Coach Slattery's men over the second University team in a five-inning game yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field. The scrubs proved easy prey for their heavy-hitting opponents, who scored four runs in the opening inning. E. L. Bigelowe '21 pitched for the University in place of E. F. Goode '22, whom Coach Slattery allowed to rest on account of his work against Northeastern on Saturday. Bigelowe held the seconds to six hits.

Although the University men had already defeated Coach Gaw's players at the end of the first frame, their big inning did not come till the fifth when they made six tallies, every man getting a chance to bat. Crockers homer, which brought in two of his team-mates occurred at this point in the contest. Crocker has been playing at center field in the place of L. A. Hallock '22, who has been out of the running since Friday's practice when he split a finger; and since that time the former has proved himself to be the heaviest hitting man on the team. The line-up in yesterday's game was as follows: UNIVERSITY.  SECOND. Conlon, s.s.  2b., Chase Thayer, l.f.  1b., Scott Emmons, 2b.  3b., Banes Owen, 1b.  r.f., Lucas Buell, 3b.  s.s., Butman Janin (Lee), r.f.  c.f., Dixon Crocker, c.f.  l.f., Kerr Blair (Murphy), c.  c., Keegan Bigelowe (Crockett), p.  p., Butterfield