The P. B. H. REPORTS

The annual report of the Phillips Brooks House Association for the past year shows, on the whole, a decided and altogether satisfactory increase in scope of activity.

The Harvard Mission, for example, has entirely recovered from its war-time confusion, with the result that it is now one of the most successful branches of the organization. Besides maintaining a representative at Robert College, Constantinople, this department has been active in the work of the Near East Relief and Dr. Grenfell's Mission in Labrador - indeed a cosmopolitan record.

The greatest gain is found, however, in the report of the Social Service Committee, which shows a total of 409 workers as against 296 last year. This is the largest number of men engaged in this kind of service since 1915, and evidences clearly the success which is attending the efforts of the Association. Through it, the student body is coming more and more to realize the value of the training gained by participation in Social Service work. In its extra-mural interests, in its student organizations-in short, in all its activities. Phillips Brooks House has once more demonstrated a commendable efficaciousness.