SECOND TENNIS TEAM DEFEATS BOSTON UNIVERSITY BY 1 POINT

University Players Win in Final Match of Exciting Contest Played at the Divinity Courts Yesterday Afternoon

Probably the most exciting tennis match played this year on Divinity Courts took place yesterday when the University seconds downed Boston University 4-3. The contests were perhaps not so replete with brilliant playing as some first team matches, but it certainly was more spectacular than any so far. With the score 2-2 after four matches had been played, M. W. Bradbyer '22, with two sets already played, 6-2, 5-7, and with the score in games against him, came through in the final set and defeated J. Backman of the B. U. team 10-8. The first doubles match went against the seconds, P. and D. Richardson of B. U. deteating Wilson Palmer '23 and J. D. Farnham '23 6-3, 6-2. Then in the final match of the afternoon, with the score 3-3, the B. U. pair, Davis and Martin, forced the Crimson players, J. M. Kleberg and J. D. Hill Unc., to show their best tennis to win 6-3, 3-6, 6-3.

J. R. Morss '21 and C. P. Holmes '22 both shone in yesterday's match, the former by his steady, forceful attack, and the latter by his brilliant overhead work.

The summary of matches is as follows:

Singles

Wilson Palmer '23 was defeated by Davis, 7-5, 8-6.

J. R. Morss '21 defeated P. Richardson, 6-2, 6-4.

C. P. Holmes defeated D. Richardson, 6-3, 6-4.

W. P. Scott '23 was defeated by Martin, 6-2, 6-3.

M. W. Bradbyer '22 defeated Backman, 6-2, 3-7, 10-8.

Doubles

P. and D. Richardson defeated Palmer and Farnham, 6-3, 6-2.

Kleberg and Hill defeated Davis and Martin, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3.