"THE 1921 TRACK TEAM IS DETERMINED TO WIN"

By W. F. Garcelon, Member of the Track Advisory Committee

The Harvard track squad has recovered its old time spirit. It would be unfair to expect in the course of a few months to have a team of stars developed, but Bill Bingham and Captain O'Connell have made the track work so interesting and have so instilled the fighting spirit that the foundation has been laid for future successful teams. The 1921 team is going to New Haven on Saturday, determined to win. The men who have been training and who have not made the team have made the competition very keen. The hurdling squad, to which I have given particular attention, looked hopeless at the beginning of the year, but there are enough under classmen who have learned the rudiments and who have great possibilities, to assure Harvard of a fine set of hurdlers for the next three years.

Track victories are won very largely by second and third places and the slowest man on the squad must go to New Haven Saturday with a firm determination to come home happy because he has beaten some Yale man in a good race.