TRACK SQUADS AIDED BY PERFECT WEATHER

Men, Not Handicapped by Cold and Wind, Encourage Coaches-Hurdlers Given Special Attention-Princeton Is Strong in Both Highs and Lows

Coaches Bingham and Farrell were greatly encouraged by the showing made by the University and Freshman track men in yesterday's practice, the first since the Yale meets of Saturday. Practically every runner and field-event man displayed excellent form, Monday's rest undoubtedly contributing in a large measure to the good condition of the squad. Physically every member of both the University and Freshman squads appears to be in the best possible shape in spite of the gruelling work undergone in the two Eli contests.

Yesterday was practically the first time during the season that Coach Bingham has been able to hold track work under ideal weather conditions. Since the spring vacation Soldiers Field has been swept almost every day by cold weather and winds. And although this fact has probably not affected the runners materially, it has been a handicap. The Yale and Princeton squads further south have not had the same difficulty.

Tomorrow Coach Bingham will put his men through another stiff work-out, but on Thursday will make the practice lighter. It is probable that the series of special hurdle races for the W. F. Garcelon '95 Trophies will be held either tomorrow or Thursday, but his matter will not be definitely decided until this afternoon.

The University hurdlers are being given special attention by Coach Bingham in consideration of the fact that Princeton is remarkably strong in the hurdling department. The Tigers, represented by Massey and Taylor respectively, won both the 120 yard highs and the 220-yard lows against Yale. The times made by these two men, however, are not unfavorable to the Crimson. In the Yale meet C. R. Hauers '23 equalled Massey's mark and Fitts ran only two-fifths of a second under Taylor's. More over the Tiger runners competed under almost perfect weather conditions, whereas the University men were badly handicapped by a heavy, soggy track.