"ALMSI-IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, ALM81"

After three long years of waiting, the Senior Class will today receive collectively certain coins of the realm which in days of yore they contributed as individuals for one of those Senior Pienics, now but a memory. For what changes time has wrought! Is not the currency inflated like a toy balloon, that it might be fulfilled which was spake by Professor Taussig, "If prices rise, the debtor gains and the creditor loses"? You may, indeed, "take back the half that thou gavest"; but how little does it represent in the way of "consumable goods" for senior picnics!

Thus is the stage set for the annual production of the "Beggars' Opera" by the Seniors, assisted by 1924. "With Music and with Mummery; with Morrice dance and Pageantry" will the graduating class supplicate the Freshmen for the customary wherewithal. The Seniors are under promise of good behavior; should Yearling thrift cause them to forget this promise, all future pictures will be debarred, and all future pienics endangered. Therefore let the latter play their part with largess and goodwill; it will prove "bread upon the waters" with a particular aptitude for successful navigation.