B. U. GOLFERS LOSE TO CRIMSON PLAYERS

University Sextet in Opening College Match of Year Wins All But One Foursome and Two Single Matches--Wade and Reid Best of Opponents

In its first college match of the year, the University golf team defeated the Boston University sextet by a score of 6 to 3 on the Wollaston Club Jinks yesterday afternoon. The first match of the season was against the Weston Golf Club, which the Crimson players won 8-4.

The University lost only one of the foursomes. Gerald, Henderson '21 and G. G. Folin '23 losing their hard-fought match against Captain Wade and Reid of the B. U. team. Although the match was close all the way through and although the Boston team had two exceptionally strong golfers in Aulbach and Captain Wade, the outcome of the contest was hardly in doubt from the beginning. Both Captain F. McN. Bacon '21 and Folin were defeated by very close scores in the singles, being opposed by Aulbach and Wade respectively.

The summary of the matches follows: Foursomes.--Captain F. McN. Bacon '21 and C. W. Baker '22 defeated Aulbach and Woodbury; Durham Jones '22 and H. B. W. Snelling '21 defeated Roeske and Thompson; Gerald Henderson '21 and G. G. Folin '23 were defeated by Reid and Wade.

Singles.--Bacon 0, Aulbach 1; Baker 1, Woodbury 0; Jones 1, Roeske 0; Snelling 1, Thompson 0; Honderson 1, Reid 0; Folin 0, Wade 1.