HASTY PUDDING PLAY COMPETITION OPENS

Authors of Winning 1921 Book Will Be Made Members of Club--Manuscript Must Be in Before December 22--Rules for Competitors Are Announced

The Hasty Pudding Club 1921 play competition, open to all undergraduate members of the University, will open today and last until December 22. The author or authors of the winning play will be elected members of the club, or if they already are members, will be given suitable prizes. The following rules relating to the competition must be observed by all competitors:

Only two persons may combine on the book of the play. The music, which may be written in connection with or independently of the play, must also be composed by no more than two. In order to be eligible for election or for receiving a prize, the composer must have at least six songs accepted. All manuscripts must be typewritten and may be sent to the President of the Hasty Pudding Club at any time from now until December 22, 1921.

Additional information in regard to the competition may be obtained from any member of the committee in charge. This committee is composed of Mr. A. H. Parker '97, 50 Congress street, Boston; Mr. F. S. Seabury '04, 70 Kilby street, Boston; Cass Canfield '19 and John Sise '22, the Hasty Pudding Club, Cambridge.