CREWS TO TAKE FINAL ROW ON CHARLES TODAY

Long Paddle at High Stroke Scheduled--Next Workout to Be Held at Red Top Monday--Shells to Be Shipped Tonight--1924 Substitutes Chosen

The workout this afternoon will be the last the University crews will have on the Charles this spring. With the launches already at Red Top, and the shells being shipped today, practice for the eights which will leave for their new training quarters on Sunday will be held early in the afternoon, after which no regular daily workout will be held until Monday at New London.

Yesterday's practice was in line with the workouts which will be the rule from now non, Coach Haines aiming to develop a long-distance eight. A long row at a comparatively high stroke yesterday will be followed by another of the same kind today. Coach Haines sent his first two crews down the length of the Basin with frequent spurts between the two. From the lower end of the Basin they were put through the long five-mile grind to the Newell Boathouse at a steady, uninterrupted pace.

Coach Howe sent his Freshman crew through a long practice row also, but at a lower stroke, Amory varying the beat as he pleased. The five Freshmen from the second boat who will accompany the crews to Red Top as substitutes were announced last night. They are Standish Bradford, J. D. Jameson, Horatio Bigelow and S. N. Brown, who have been rowing bow, four, six, and stroke respectively in the second shell, and E. N. Carson, their coxswain.