1925 FLOORMEN TO PLAY

Open Season This Afternoon Against Tufts 1925 at Freshman Gym--Strongest Combination Available

The 1925 basketball team will open their season this afternoon when they face the Tufts yearlings in the Freshman Gymnasium at 4 o'clock. The squad was given a rest yesterday after their strenuous tussle on Wednesday with the University basketmen, so all the first string players will be ready to answer the call this afternoon. The yearlings showed a decided improvement in their final workout, which capped a week of gruelling practice in preparation for today's contest.

The chief fault that Wednesday's test game brought out was inaccuracy in shooting on the part of the yearlings. During the first half they had more shots than the University players, but they failed to make the most of them. Tufts is expected to put a heavy team on the floor, and as the Crimson quintet is especially light, they will have to rely on speed and accuracy for victory. This is the second game that the Tufts Freshmen will have played, their first being a clean victory over Durfee Textile School, so a strong combination is expected to face the inexperienced Freshmen today.

A tentative captain will be appointed before the game and he will pilot the team for the first three games, after which a permanent captain will be elected.